HSE was founded in 1982 in Rochester, NY as a specialized structural engineering firm. The founding partners were Floyd Herrick, Jay Saylor and Ron Samsel. HSE’s focus was to provide expert Structural Engineering Services. We are not the jack of all trades, we are the master of one. To this day, we continue to focus solely on structural engineering.
We have had the pleasure of working with many different design teams over the years and designing many notable structures including, but not limited to, the following:
- 2 Story Irondequoit Mall
- 10 Story Monroe County Jail Facility
- Churchville-Chili Central School District’s Performing Arts Center
- Numerous Wegmans & Lowe’s stores
- Highland Hospital Parking Garage
- And many Multi-Story Mixed Use Buildings